Tự học writing Ielts topic: MUSEUMS
Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Một số từ vựng hữu ích có thể sử dụng trong chủ đề này:
- to exhibit a collection of interesting objects: trưng bày bộ sưu tập các hiện vật thú vị
- to put more of an emphasis on enjoyment rather than learning: coi trọng yếu tố giải trí hơn là học hỏi
- be designed to be visually spectacular: được thiết kế để trở nên mãn nhãn
- listen to detailed commentary about the exhibition: lắng nghe lời giới thiệu chi tiết về triển lãm
- offer an interesting, enjoyable and educational experience: mang đến những trải nghiệm thú vị, hấp dẫn và có tính giáo dục
- Bài tham khảo:
People have different views about the role and function of museums. In my opinion, museums can and should be both entertaining and educational.
On the one hand, it can be argued that the main role of a museum is to entertain. Museums are tourist attractions, and their aim is to exhibit a collection of interesting objects that many people will want to see. The average visitor may become bored if he or she has to read or listen to too much educational content, so museums often put more of an emphasis on enjoyment rather than learning. This type of museum is designed to be visually spectacular, and may have interactive activities or even games as part of its exhibitions.
On the other hand, some people argue that museums should focus on education. The aim of any exhibition should be to teach visitors something that they did not previously know. Usually this means that the history behind the museum’s exhibits needs to be explained, and this can be done in various ways. Some museums employ professional guides to talk to their visitors, while other museums offer headsets so that visitors can listen to detailed commentary about the exhibition. In this way, museums can play an important role in teaching people about history, culture, science and many other aspects of life.
In conclusion, it seems to me that a good museum should be able to offer an interesting, enjoyable and educational experience so that people can have fun and learn something at the same time.