Nâng cao từ vựng IELTS band 7.0+ chủ đề Health Care
Chủ đề Health Care là một trong những chủ đề phổ biến nhất trong IELTS Writing và Speaking. Hầu như năm nào cũng có sự xuất hiện của chủ đề này. Để giúp các bạn có sự chuẩn bị tốt cho chủ đề này, Oxford English UK sẽ giới thiệu cho các bạn tổng hợp các từ vựng về chủ đề sức khoẻ nhé.
- balanced diet: chế độ ăn uống cân bằng, điều độ
VD: If you eat a well balanced and healthy diet, and take a reasonable amount of exercise, the occasional junk food meal certainly won’t harm you.
- exercise: tập thể dục
VD: Obesity and lack of exercise tend to lead to insulin resistance.
- to be fit: dáng vóc cân đối
VD: He hasn’t been fit enough for full-time professional football.
- healthy foods: thức ăn bổ dưỡng, có lợi cho sức khoẻ
VD: Choosing the right healthy food depends on one’s perceptions.
- sleeping habits: thói quen
VD: Once you suffer from insomnia, it is extremely hard to level out your sleeping habits again.
- to lack sleep: thiếu ngủ
VD: This essay enumerates the reasons why people lack sleep and the detrimental effects it has on individuals and society.
- to be productive: làm việc năng suất
VD: What do you do to increase productivity at work?
- organic food: thực phẩm hữu cơ
VD: Organic food is much too expensive.
- vegetarian food: đồ ăn chay
VD: I’m a strict vegetarian right from my birth and I don’t even know the taste of non vegetarian food.
- processed food: thực phẩm đóng hộp
VD: The term ‘processed food‘ applies to any food that has been altered from its natural state.
- junk food: đồ ăn vặt
- fast food: đồ ăn nhanh
VD: The availability of unhealthy food, such as fast food and junk food, has become more widespread in recent years.
- banning of smoking: cấm hút thuốc
VD: The primary reason the government has not already banned smoking is because of the very large tax revenue they receive for the sale of tobacco.
- disseminate information: phổ biến thông tin
VD: In my country, it is illegal to disseminate information about cigarette and wine on television.
- initiative: sáng kiến, kiến nghị
VD: There is a new initiative against highly processed food.
- to implement policies: áp dụng chính sách
VD: Accordingly, every country should implement policies to encourage and support children sports activities.
- healthy lifestyle: lối sống lành mạnh
VD: All you need to do to have a healthy lifestyle is follow 3 simple things.
- engage in sports: tham gia hoạt động thể thao
VD: If you engage yourself in sports that does not mean that your weight will decrease.
- to encourage: khuyến khích
VD: I do not encourage the kind of diets in which people have to eat less or limit the amount of food one eats.
- to be conscious: có ý thức về vấn đề gì đó
VD: Being health conscious is to know what are healthy and unhealthy practices.
- discipline: kỷ luật
VD: When you are disciplined, healthy and good at something people will come into your life.
- to avoid vices: tránh thói quen xấu
VD: Dieting and avoiding vices are useful to stay healthy.
- intense workout: tập luyện cường độ cao
VD: An intense workout varies from person to person. Intense workout for me would mean pushing myself beyond limits.
- to limit sugar intake: hạn chế lượng đường nạp vào (cơ thể)
VD: Get lots of exercise, eat a balanced diet, limit sugar intake, don’t smoke day.
- to stay active: duy trì hoạt động thường xuyên
VD: It is important to stay active to keep from gaining weight.
- to hit the gym: đến phòng tập
VD: This week I hit the gym twice.
- to lose weight: giảm cân
VD: If you want to lose weight, you need to eat less and exercise more. You need to burn more calories than you take in.
- to hold yourself accountable: chấp nhận việc bản thân cần phải chịu trách cho thứ gì đó
VD: Hold yourself accountable: set goals and set deadlines. Keep up with them.
- to take the full responsibility: chịu toàn bộ trách nhiệm
VD: Some people think that this is the responsibility of governments to solve the problem.
- prescription: đơn thuốc
VD: I went to see a doctor so I can get the right prescription.
- to cough: ho
VD: The man paused and coughed nervously before continuing.
- fever: sốt
VD: If your child has a fever when teething , it‘s best to contact your physician
- sore throat: đau họng
VD: A sore throat is a symptom of the common cold.
- runny nose: sổ mũi
VD: Turmeric is an efficient solution for how to get rid of a runny nose and cold as well.
- chills: ớn lạnh
VD: Chill is the feeling of cold and shivering that comes with or without fever. Chills may also occur when exposed to a cold environment.
- disease prevention: phòng chống bệnh tật
VD: Disease prevention companies should be spending money on disease prevention research.
- health benefits: lợi ích cho sức khoẻ
VD: Coriander is also known as the miracle herb. That is used widely across the world with a lot of health benefits.
- early diagnosis: chẩn đoán sớm
VD: Preventative care, early diagnosis, and general wellness care are relatively inexpensive to provide, and they can help promote healthy behaviors both in general and specific to any health risks that a person might have.
- treatment: điều trị
VD: Medical treatment will not cure the disease but will remedy the symptoms.
- lifestyle related diseases: các loại bệnh tật liên quan đến/hình thành do lối sống
VD: Obesity is a lifestyle related disease.
- epidemic: dịch bênh
VD: It was an article about the new coronavirus outbreak (2019-nCoV) and basic protective measures against it.
- disorder: rối loạn
VD: My mind was in such a whir of confusion and disorder.
- infect: lây nhiễm
VD: Often, there is a mixing of genes from viruses that infect different species and this creates drastically different viruses.
- addiction: nghiện
VD: Addiction to smoking nicotine can increase lung cancer risk.
- nutrients: chất dinh dưỡng
VD: The chart below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients, all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much.
- impaired: khiếm khuyết
VD: Hearing impairment or other auditory function deficit in young children can have a major impact on their development of speech and communication, resulting in a detrimental effect on their ability to learn at school.
- depression: trầm cảm
VD: Depression after childbirth can have serious effect on women.
- mental illness: bệnh tâm lý
VD: Undoubtedly, mental disorders occur rarely compared to physical disorders.
- to reduce one’s stress levels: giảm bớt mức độ căng thẳng
VD: Painting can help reduce your stress levels.
- to build up resistance to disease: tăng cường sức đề kháng, chống lại bệnh tật
VD: These antibodies help the baby build up resistance to disease and infection.
- to go on a diet: tiến hành chế độ ăn kiêng
VD: In order to be in good shape, it is necessary to go on diet.
- make a full recovery: bình phục hoàn toàn
VD: Of the 3,000 or so infected, only about 600 will make a full recovery.
- side effects: tác dụng phụ
VD: The most common side effect of the influenza vaccine is soreness at the vaccination site.
- adverse reaction: phản ứng ngược
VD: An adverse reaction is an unexpected negative reaction to a medication or treatment that is used in an approved manner.
- consult the doctor: hỏi ý kiến bác sĩ
VD: If the symptoms get worse, consult your doctor.
- binge drinking: nốc rượu
VD: Binge drinking refers to the consumption of a significant amount of alcohol in a single setting.
- to alleviate (the) pain/symptoms: giảm đau, giảm triệu chứng
VD: Painkillers are used widely to alleviate the pain but they are not recommended because of their side effects.